Slider

#ThriftyThursday

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Hola! Everyone.
Today on the blog i'm introducing my new series called #ThriftyThursdays. This series will be mainly finds that I get from a yard sale, consignment shop, thrift store, ect.

Kicking off my first #thriftythursday, with this lovely pink and white sundress I got from a yard sale for only $5!!!! I couldn't believe my luck. Yard  sales has been in my blood since pretty much birth. If my mom wasn't having a yard sale she was waking up on Saturday morning at the crack of dawn to go to one. You know what they say "first come first serve". My mom was defiantly on it. As a kid I dreaded yard sales I rather had stayed home and sleep than get up and go to a boring yard sale. But the apple doesn't fall from the trees and I quickly learned that you can get some of the best deals from a yard sale. 




I wanted to share this dress especially that I snagged from a yard sale a couple of weeks ago. Yes, its a simple sun dress but, always remember you can dress anything up or down. I paired it with my favorite nine west snake skin heels. I wanted to create a fifties vibe by adding the wire tied head band and, the vintage sunglasses I got from Marshall's both five dollars each. If you're looking for a more simple look you can wear it by itself or pair it with a cardigan. I completed the look with my gold earrings from paparazzi accessories only $5.00. My outfit all together minus the shoes only cost me $15.00.  

Here's are some helpful tips I remember before going to a yard sale. 

Before going, check your local news paper. They usually have all the yard sales listed for the upcoming weekend. I circle the ones that have items i'm looking for. I don't wanna waste time at a yard sale that doesn't have what i'm looking for or don't even carry clothes that i'm interested in. Keep in mind most yard sales start early and don't usually go past lunch time. I would recommend not waiting away towards the end when everything starts getting picked over. Not all yard sales are going to appeal to you or even have stuff that appeal to your taste. But try to keep in mind different ways to can wear simple things. You can make simple things look elegant as you want. Don't get discouraged and even have a friend join you. I find yard sales a fun hobby and a cool thing to do. Its a great way to spend a Saturday morning with your gal pals!

Hope you enjoy this first #thriftythursday. Leave ideas for next weeks #thriftythursday in the comments below.

XOXO Akendall

1 comment:

  1. It's funny you mention Garage Sales as I love them and my husband and I have been trying to visit ones happening on Thursdays and if my friend remembers she and I are going to start going out on Fridays as I am redoing my home and this is the perfect way to get decorations for next to nothing. As for clothes I never thought of looking for them but since my husband needs pants I will when we are out and about. Have a Blessed week.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan